‘Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other’ – John F Kennedy
To enable team members tasked with competency activity to develop skills to
prepare a list of questions, or themes, and to tease out the situation / event that
provides evidence of the required competency.
What is it about and what will it do?
Managers will learn how to reduce the temptation to assess on nothing more than
‘gut feel’ or instinct and to focus on gathering evidence of required skills, experience and personal qualities, known collectively as competencies.
Who is it for?
Existing team leaders / managers who want to develop excellence in competency based
• What is a competency situation
• Competency based interviewing – all in the planning
• How to execute a competency based interview
• Handling and assessing the answers
• Added benefits in competency interviewing
• Examples of competency interview questions