To enable team members to understand and practically use opportunities to
delegate so as to achieve individual and team performance goals.
What is it about and what will it do?
Develops knowledge and understanding of how to effectively delegate to gain
Who is it for?
Team members who are responsible for delivering business results through others.
• Communication theories, including the communication cycle and overcoming barrier
• Differences and similarities between leadership and management, and the need for each of them
• Understanding learning styles
• Identification, development and appropriate choice of personal leadership
• styles and behaviours
• Using SMART concepts
• Concepts of delegation and empowerment
• Process of delegation including barriers and support mechanisms
• Techniques to monitor outcomes of delegation
• Why people fear and resist delegation