• Understand the importance of creativity and innovation for the organisation
• Use a technique to encourage creative ideas amongst team members
• Explain barriers to creative thinking and resistance to innovation within the team
• Explain how to gain the commitment of others in moving creative ideas forward
• Evaluate creative and innovative ideas and make reasoned recommendations to managers and others
What is it about and what will it do?
To develop knowledge and understanding of creativity and innovation as required
by a practising or potential first.
Who is it for?
Team members who want to develop the skills to think outside the box, and to
develop creative solutions.
• The importance of creativity and innovation for organisational success
• Auditing techniques to assess an organisation’s ability to innovate
• A range of different techniques for encouraging creative ideas amongst team
• members (e.g. brainstorming, nominal group etc.)
• Barriers to creative thinking and resistance to innovation within organisations
• Methods of leading others in a creative ideas generation and assessment process.