To enable managers and / or team members who have exposure to financial statements and financial information to feel more practically capable of both recognising and using financial information.
What is it about and what will it do?
Managers will learn how to reduce their fear of dealing with financial statements,
and develop comfort in using financial information.
Who is it for?
Managers from disciplines other than finance who wish to understand financial management principles and concepts and how they are put to use in businesses of all sizes. The workshop will explain the basics of finance, and provide good understanding of the basic financial statements.
• Financials – love them or hate them – discuss
• Why do organisations need financials – interactive / outbreak
• Who are the main users – exercise on desks
• Budgets – what are they, how used, why used, different types, forecasts
• Types of financial information – interactive quiz
• Fix it – exercise
• Profit and loss – what and why have this – interactive quiz and order of terms game
• Cash flow forecasting – interactive exercise and handouts
• Costings – fixed, direct, variable, and break-even – as it applies to delegates – quiz.