A 2 day development programme
To develop the skills & confidence of managers to effectively manage their young
What is it about and what will it do?
Managers will learn how to maximise their own communication style in leading
and motivating their generation Y apprentices to maximise their potential.
Who is it for?
Anybody who is responsible for managing or developing a young apprentice.
• Explain what is meant by the term Generation Y and identify how they differ from other generations
• Identify what Generation Y wants from work and how to motivate them
• Identify how to adapt your communication to get the best from your apprentice
• Describe the factors to consider when planning the development of
• others and explain how to keep the development moving forward
• Identify what is meant by feedback and how to give feedback to ensure
• it is effective
• Identify potential performance issues and explain approaches to manage
• Explain how to use coaching to turn problems into goals
• Explain how to use coaching as a developmental tool, using day to day experiences to develop your apprentice.