To develop mentors with the technical and interpersonal skills to support
individuals to reach their maximum potential through a staged process.
What is it about and what will it do?
Delegates will learn how to use mentoring in such a way as to maximise a person’s
natural potential to improve their performance and gain lasting commitment to
individual and business objectives.
Who is it for?
Managers who wish to learn best practice in coaching and use a range of coaching techniques
to get the best from their staff while promote an organisation-wide coaching culture.
• Nature and purpose of mentoring
• Why mentor?
• Differences between mentoring and other workplace developmental approaches
• Formal and informal mentoring practice
• What is a mentor?
• Stakeholders in mentoring process
• Role and responsibility of workplace mentor
• The knowledge of an effective mentor
• Behaviours required
• Professional standards
• Knowledge and skills required.